There’s an update on the health of Catherine, Princess of Wales – Her Royal Highness has been discharged from hospital after undergoing abdominal surgery.
Kensington Palace shared the news in a statement, confirming the Princess is back home in Windsor with her family and “making good progress.” The statement adds, “The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided. The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”
On January 17, it was announced that Princess Catherine had been hospitalised for a “planned surgery” though no further details about her health were provided.
“The surgery was successful, and it is expected that she will remain in hospital for 10 to 14 days, before returning home to continue her recovery,” a statement from the Palace said. “Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter.”
Hey there bestie – sign up to our FREE Newsletter for more kind, no-gossip celebrity news!
The message acknowledged there would likely be lots of questions about Princess Catherine’s health but asked the public to respect her privacy: “She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible, and her wish that her personal medical information remains private. Kensington Palace will therefore only proivde updates on Her Royal Highness’ progress when there is significant new information to share.”
It continued, “The Princess of Wales wishes to apologise to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements. she looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible.”
That same week, King Charles III was also admitted to The London Clinic to treat an enlarged prostate. Buckingham Palace has since confirmed he has also returned home: “His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness.”
In the aftermath of the announcement, both the UK’s National Health Service and the nonprofit, Prostate Cancer UK said there was a surge in visits to their sites searching for information about prostate cancer and using the free “online risk checker” tools.
(Feature Image Credit: Isaaack/Shutterstock.com)